As many of us are working from home due to the coronavirus, many of us have more applications than ever careening across their Wi-Fi networks. You might have often witnessed a specific area at your house or office where the Wi-Fi signal would not reach, forcing you to depend on mobile data to get your work done. Investing in the best Wi-Fi extender is preferable if you are experiencing a slow Internet connection and want to cover a large area in your home or office. The Victony Wi-Fi extender is an ideal choice that can solve all your network problems. This small and inexpensive Wi-Fi signal boosters provide a quick solution for weak wireless signal and spotty coverage.
The Victony Wi-Fi Extender is a simple device that you can plug into any power outlet. It has one of the easiest setups to get you going. The setup can be done using any web browser without the need for any CD installation. According to Victony’s official site, the extender can help you reach a speed of 1200Mbps, thanks to its dual-band functionality. The presence of four external antennae is a unique feature that allows the device to further extend the Wi-Fi range while keeping the signal healthy. It eliminates existing wireless network dead spots with the help of extreme wireless coverage.
The following is the description of Victony WiFi Extender:
- It provides a high-speed data transfer rate up to 1200Mbps with a high gain performance that lets you stream movies and games without any interference.
- It is compatible with nearly all Wi-Fi enabled devices such as smartphones – Android as well as iPhone, laptop, desktop, iPad, tablet, and so on.
- Dual wireless bands of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz delivers data transfer speeds of up to 1200Mbps, resulting in a robust and reliable Wi-Fi signal.
- The four external antennas help to extend the signal. You can even adjust the positions of these antennae to get the strongest possible connection.
- This extender has one-key WPS encryption to protect your network and information from cyber threats.
- It offers a browser-based configuration, and WLAN security is optimized through WPA2 and WPA encryption.
- The 802.11n/g adapter compatibility allows seamless connectivity.
- A Smart LED signal indicator enables you to find the best location for your extender.
- Two ethernet ports on the extender let you connect a computer or a gaming console.
- Since the extender is tiny and compact, it can be easily carried while traveling.
- Victony’s extender is compatible with almost all routers, even those that are not dual-band.
- The extender includes one WAN/LAN port, one LAN port, to connect any wired Ethernet device to your wireless network.
- It provides the ability to switch between Router, Repeater, and Access Point. This gives you support for Repeater Access Point (AP) wired as well as repeater wireless connection functions.
Setting Up Victony Extender in Repeater Mode
- First plug-in the Victony repeater in a wall socket. It is recommended to place it near the existing Wi-Fi router.
- Turn on the device.
- Press and hold the WPS button present on the extender for about 2 seconds.
- Repeat step 3 on the existing router and wait for the two devices to connect.
- Once the connection between the two devices is successful, unplug the extender and place it at the dead zone location.
- Note: If there is some issue in connectivity, try restarting the extender or the router. Also, for seamless connectivity, make sure you place the extender away from big electronic appliances such as AC, Fridge, etc.
- Now, again plug the extender in the wall socket and turn it on.
- Open the Wi-Fi settings in your wireless devices that you want to connect to the network.
- Select your Wi-Fi network and open a browser.
- In the address bar, enter the website that is listed on the instruction sheet.
- Log in using the following credentials:
• Username: admin
• Password: admin
- Click the setup wizard icon.
- Enter the credentials of your wireless network.
- Follow the on-screen instructions of the setup wizard.
- Your Wi-Fi Extender is configured and ready to use.
Victony Different Setup Modes
The Victony wireless extender offers three modes:
- Access Point Mode: An access point can be created using the respective wireless device connected to your router using an Ethernet cable. If cabling is not an issue for you, you can use two access points set on non-overlapping channels, with the same SSID. This is the best way to improve performance.
- Repeater Mode: A repeater mode is like an access point mode, but its job is to simply expand existing router signal coverage over a larger area by using a separate wireless name (SSID). It relies on two wireless routers rather than just one. The first connects to the broadband network using an Ethernet cable, and then sends out wireless signals to the second one.
- Router Mode: The router mode creates an instant private wireless network. It allows multiple devices to share the network. This mode turns the extender into a router when you have a modem connection but not an existing router.
Victony extender review
If you need a simple and efficient Wi-Fi extender for your existing Wi-Fi router to maintain a steady signal, one or two rooms farther into your home, Victony extender does an excellent job. Though the installation is bit hard to set up and configure, it still is a recommended and highly rated product that you must try. The Victony Wi-Fi extender does what it needs to do – extends your existing WiFi network to places that are out of reach of your existing WiFi.