Technology has advanced leaps and bounds in the last few decades, reaching more than hundreds of millions of households. One such technology is the Wi-Fi. Whether it is about completing your homework or streaming the latest Netflix show, a high-speed network is essential. And during this lockdown period of Covid19, we all have felt the importance of good internet speed while working from home. Wi-Fi does the job for you by providing a high-speed network. But the chances are that your household may be relying heavily on a single Wi-Fi network, and you may have areas of your house far away from the Wi-Fi router.
The easiest fix is a Wi-Fi extender, which is available online or at your local electronics store. As the name suggests, Wi-Fi extenders expand the range of Wi-Fi in your house or office by rebroadcasting your existing signal from your wireless router. The MSRM US302 extender is one of the best Wi-Fi extenders available in the market. It has a sleek design and can easily plug into any outlet in your home or office. It features two 5dBi antennas that boost your signal range, providing a stable signal for enhanced data transmission. Moreover, the powerful technology utilized in the construction of this device enables it to deliver a consistent network without dead links. The front of the unit has three indicator lights: power, network, and Wi-Fi. There is also a single LAN/WAN port at the bottom of the unit, and a WPS/Reset button next to it.
The following is the description of MSRM US302 Wi-Fi Extender:
- It provides a high-speed data transfer rate up to 300Mbps, which is excellent for phone calls, video streaming, gaming, browsing the internet. etc., and can easily penetrate walls across the multi-floor house.
- It is compatible with nearly all Wi-Fi enabled devices such as smartphones – Android as well as iPhone, laptop, desktop, iPad, tablet, and so on.
- US302 repeater is ideal for TV, online gaming, and large file downloads.
- The 802.11n/g adapter compatibility allows the connectivity without needing a wireless adapter.
- Due to its small size and wall-mounted design, it is easy to deploy and flexible enough for moving throughout the house.
- It provides a WPS button to ensure that the network you are accessing is safe. You do not need to install any additional wires for the same.
- The dual fixed 330 degrees external antennas eliminate the dead zones in your house or office and provide the best connection for your Internet needs.
- Since the extender is tiny and compact, it can be easily carried while traveling.
- It offers three modes – Working mode, Repeater mode, and Router mode.
- The advanced thick ABS prevents incidents like electric shock or fire. While the hollow design of both sides allows rapid cooling, ensuring a long life for the product.
Setup MSRM US302 Wi-Fi Range Extender
We recommend you confirm the dead zones in your house before purchasing the MSRM Wi-Fi Extender. To find a weak spot or dead zone, make sure your existing Wireless Router has an active Internet connection. If the spot you choose has no signal at all, then there is no need to install the extender.
Here are the steps to set up the MSRM US302 Extender:
- Plug-in the extender in a socket and start the device.
- In the wireless device, such as your mobile phone, laptop, tablet, etc., go to the Wi-Fi selection screen and select MSRM.
- Open a web browser and type 192.168.10.1 in the URL field. This will open an admin page.
- Enter the following credentials to access the dashboard:
• Username: admin
• Password: admin
- Now, select the Repeater mode.
- Select the existing SSID (name) of your existing Wi-Fi network from your wireless router that you are looking to extend.
- You have two choices – either create a new Wi-Fi network name or use an existing network. The latter is recommended as you may not want to establish a new connection with existing devices in your home or office.
- In the Repeater SSID field, enter the credentials of the existing Wi-Fi network. In case you need to create a new network name, type a different name. Make sure the password remains the same as per your existing router.
- Click the Connect button to save the entered details and to connect to your extended WiFi network.
- Your extender is ready to use. If your home or office is large and has are more dead zones, you can purchase additional extenders to expand your network coverage.
MSRM US302 Modes
The MSRM US302 wireless extender offers three modes:
- Access Point Mode: This mode turns a wired network into a wireless network for all your Wi-Fi devices connected directly to your Internet connection.
- Repeater Mode: This mode boosts the range and speed of your existing WiFi network signal. This mode is for those who already have an active wireless router at their place.
- Router Mode: This mode creates a private wireless network. It allows multiple devices to share the network. This mode will turn the extender into a router when you have a modem connection but do not have an existing router.
MSRM US302 Review
Considering the features provided, the MSRM US302 Wi-Fi Range Extender is an ideal device for your overall home or office network needs. Using this extender, you can make the dead zones in your home or workplace non-existent. The extender provides a reliable and stable network with an ability to deliver 360-degree connectivity, which means enhanced performance in your place.